Thursday, December 9, 2010

Final Reflection

Writing Goals from the beginning of the year:
  •  Become more confident in writing my essays and make good outlines before I write them
  • Get better at using more colorful and less common words in my writing
  • Get better at constructing good thesis statements
 Looking back at my goals, I'd say that I have improved my writing from the very beginning. I don't exactly enjoy writing essays, but now that I have started to make good, thoughtful, outlines I've become a bit more confident in writing them. I feel like I have been able to organize my ideas better and have gotten better at giving more details and evidence in my essays. My first in-class essay was not very good and lacked a lot of evidence and detail, but I like to think I improved a little bit in that area of my writing. Thesis statements are another story; they have always been a challenge to me. I know how to write them, but making them good is the hard part. Although I do think that I have improved a little bit in writing good thesis statements since the beginning of the year though. One goal I don't think I have improved that much in is using more colorful words. It's sometimes difficult for me to get out of the habit of using common words, but I'm still working on it. Overall, I think that I have improved as a writer and accomplished my goals to some extent.

I think I should earn an A in my participation grade. I tried to step it up and respond more in class after the last time we graded ourselves for participation, and have been a leader in the small groups, and provided thoughtful responses in class

No comments:

Post a Comment